Thursday 28 July 2011

If you can't do anything differently, why worry?

This is something my husband tells me.  When I'm fretting over something he asks me, did you do the best you can do? Is there anything at all that you can change? No? Then why worry?
As a man that has seen active service (that's putting it mildly...) during his time as a Royal Engineer he has a different perspective than I do. Things that seem like a huge deal to me are really trivial in the grand scheme of things. He doesn't belittle the things I worry about, but he shows me how the things that DO matter compare.  So when the colour on a finished piece isn't exactly where I was aiming, or my hair just won't go right, I try and remember how he can identify a particular sound a certain gun makes when it's fired towards you, what it's like to lose friends in combat... I have NOTHING to worry about.
So, relax. Enjoy your day, ring your friend and your mum, and maybe have a biscuit! Make the most of the day! Sending floaty love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment