Monday, 7 March 2011

Pops and party poopers

I was really chuffed that I was well enough to go to our friends birthday party on Saturday night as I'm a fragile creature as those who know me will testify! We only stayed until ten as I was out of oomph by then, and Mr W (who had played rugby with Cambridge RUFC's development squad that afternoon) was definately flagging. So with birthday cake safely delivered to the birthday girl, off we went home (via the Kebab shop for Mr W's health conscious supper!) (actually, I have to admit, I had one too.... it's not big, and it's not clever, but god it was good!).

FYI the tiger themed cake was due to the birthday girl being a member of the Tiger MCC so isn't completely random!

After going to bed with a bit of a headache I awoke Sunday morning with small pixies trying to hack their way into my brain with miniature pick axes. Knowing it was bound to only get worse I cracked on with my first attempt at cake POPS as the teenager had decided they were a good present for her best friend (who lives 200 miles away but does like cake). These were actually really good fun to make, and despite the edible glitter going everywhere, and the teenager getting really annoyed with the elder of the two cats (Kevin - aka Kevin the Destroyer) getting to the cake mix bowl before she did, they came out fantastically well! I really like the idea of making these as wedding favours with colour coordinated ribbons and printed tags... soooo preeeetty!

By lunchtime the pixies were doing a grand job and it reached the point where if I stood up I was literally screaming with the pain in my head. Having spoken with the doctor we were sent to the local hospital where a very nice German doctor who shoved two needles in to my backside; one with lots of lovely painkillers in, and one with lots of lovely anti-emetics (anti sick stuff!). Within half an hour I could open my eyes and speak again which was quite nice! It eased off and by bedtime I'd only had one other dose of oral painkillers and had kept some dinner down! Yay! I woke up this morning determined to go to work but when I went in to say bye to Mr W I got one of "those" looks, and sent back to bed. Humph. To be honest, I was swaying slightly, and having a little trouble focussing so perhaps driving wasn't the best plan. I do hate not going to work though. Herumph. To add insult to injury I by then also had two huge bruises from the injections... lovely....

By mid afternoon I only had a niggly pain so took in some fresh air on the riverbank for half an hour. Took some pictures out there as it was just soooo nice!

So now I'm starting to get that feeling accross my forehead again I shall leave you in peace. Hope you're having fun in the sun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment