Tuesday 15 February 2011

Dinner for Mr W

With it being Valentines Day yesterday a special dinner for Mr W was in order. His absolute favourite is roasted salmon steaks with a crispy parmesan topping served with dauphinoise potatoes. Luckily for him I detest salmon so he gets a double serving of that while I have cod or haddock. The teenager announced a last minute double date for the evening so there was even more to go around than anticipated so he was a happy boy!

The only fly in our ointment was when I got home and began cooking, hoping to have everything ready for Mr W's return from delivering our teenager to said date, I found that the gas bottle was empty and there was nothing I could do but wait. Ok, so that's not completely true; I had a lovely time hanging the washing I put on before work.... yay....

Dinner was eventually served around 7.30pm and it went down well. If you fancy having a go at the topping it's dead easy! Just turn one slice of white bread into crumbs, mix with a dessert spoon of grated parmasan, and half a teaspoon of whole grain mustard. Rub together and sprinkle liberally over your fish, drizzle with oil, and bake at gas 7 for 20 minutes. Job done! I would have taken a photo but it didn't hang around long enough... Sorry!

Hope you all had a gorgeous day and are left feeling proper fluffy today!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment