Sunday 13 February 2011

Pineapple wreaks havoc

As I was making a birthday cake yesterday our resident teenager and my husband announced that it was about time they had cake (they had been without cake since Tuesday after all...) but they didn't want any of these namby pamby pretty cakes with frilly nonsense. They wanted cake with presence. They wanted pineapple upside down cake. Unfortunately our new oven is absolutely awesome for cooking meat but absolutely awful for cooking cakes. When I bake cakes for clients I do them at my fabulous moms house so there are no animals loitering to infect said cakes with paw prints or fur. So instead of the twenty minutes it SHOULD take to cook this cake, it took almost thirty five. Of course I couldn't just leave it so approximately every four minutes or so I had to go check the damn thing!
Still, it turned out good and already husband and teenager have disposed of most of it (saves me from eating all that syrupy goodness!).




With the cake out of the way I got on with another draft of a tattoo design that's been bugging me. I've now got all the elements in but something about it isnt quite right and it seems beyond me to either find or change it in such a way that I'm happy with it. I think I may have to admit defeat on this one unfortunately...

No comments:

Post a Comment